Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 8: EOC: Authority

Stefan Sagmeister of Sagmeister Inc. put it best when he said "Make it huge, or make it tiny."
I was already thinking about the design and layout of my ad, especially as far as how I'm going to incorporate typography into it. This statement confirmed for me the ad's design.

So far, I'm thinking about putting my product in the center of the page, big. (Not sure yet what I want the background to be... White? Black? A photograph? Hmm...

Also, Michael Sickinger of Firmenich said something very interesting: "Type, by itself, can be the design." So what if I put the product itself inside the font, as a letter unto itself? Ah!

There's really so much you can do with type, it's kind of overwhelming. But in this case, overwhelming might be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment